Announcements For July 14th
- Bible Study will resume on Tuesday, July 16th at 12 Noon and 7 pm. Come out to learn more about God’s word.
- Youth and Young Adult Day will be held on Sunday, July 21st. Choir rehearsal will be held on Thursday, July 18th at 6:30 pm and dinner will be served on Thursday, July 18th at 5:30 pm.
- Our church business meeting will be held on Monday, July 22nd at 7 pm. All members are asked to attend.
- Mount Pleasant Sis Gussie Hardy is in need of willing hearts and helping hands to distribute food at Columbia Blackshear Senior residence on the 2nd Wednesday from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Please see Sis Gussie Hardy for more information.
- Pleasant Let’s Rejoice- It’s our 111th Church Anniversary and we will be celebrating all weekend on Saturday, July 27 and Sunday, July 28, 2019. On Saturday, July 27 we will host a church community picnic from 11:00-3:00 at South Atlanta Park located at the end of Gammon Ave. Lots of food, fun, and games for everyone. Everything is free. Feel free to bring your grill, games and any activity to make this a fun day. The anniversary committee is in need of volunteers for the church picnic, please see Sis Regina Long for more information.
And on Sunday, July 28th we will celebrate our 111th Anniversary with LaShun Pace as our Guest Soloist; Rev. Keith Royal as our special guest director and the renowned Pastor Bernard Mitchell as our Guest Speaker. Our colors for this event are white, yellow and navy blue. We also invite you to a Soul Food Dinner immediately after the anniversary program.
To support our Church Anniversary, we are asking each member to give $111.00. God has really blessed Mt. Pleasant and we give him all the praise and glory for 111 years.
- Our family night Bible Study night will be held on Tuesday, July 30 at 6 pm, hosted by the Culinary Ministry. Our speaker for our women will be Co-Pastor Sylvia Carter of Siloam Church International in College Park Ga. Bring your family out to enjoy food, games and learn more about God’s word.
- Mount Pleasant, please keep Sis. Gail Patrice Hughey and Sis Shirley Walker- Dea. Jeff Walker mother in your prayers.
- At the Mount, We are Rooted in God’s will, Relevant in God’s word, and Real in God’s worship