ANNOUNCEMENTS For August 13th
- IT’S a FAMILY AFFAIR: The month of August is Friends and Family month. Invite all your friends, relatives and neighbors to come and worship with us for the entire month of August. The member that invites the most friends, relatives and neighbors will receive a grand prize. Members please see an usher, fill out the visitor card for your visitors and place it in the offering basket.
- Ladies our WOW choir rehearsal will be held on Thursday August 17th at 7:30pm. Come out and support the WOW choir.
- The Mother’s Ministry will be hosting their 2nd Annual Rose of Sharon Tea on Sunday August 20th immediately after church in the Shelton Fellowship Hall. All are welcome to attend.
- Men of Mt. Pleasant, the Men’s Ministry shirt is $15 with delivery in one week. Please see Rev. Turner, Bro. Reginald Meadows, Bro. Goggins or Dea. Samuels downstairs after service for more information.
- Our reconstituted food pantry and clothing closet has grown into one of the largest food pantries in the state in just over 2 years. We serve over 1200 families in need every month. We deliver food to home bound seniors, hold health screenings, provide consultants to assist in processing food stamp, SNAP, Medicaid coverage, and have onsite representatives for Blue Cross and WellCare to assist with any questions our community has about insurance coverage.
We could not have accomplished all that without excellent and committed volunteers doing God’s work. Still we need more help, especially more involvement from our men.
The pantry and clothing closet are open every Tuesday and Thursday from 10am to Noon. Volunteers are needed between 9am and 1pm.
Please contact Bro. Richard Searcy or Deacon Alphonso Bouyer for additional information.
Thanks for your support
- Attention Ladies of the Mount!!!! There are openings available for the SWAG Women’s Conference that will be held on September 29th thru October 1st 2017 in Orlando, Florida where our 1st Lady will be speaking. Deposits have been made for these openings; therefore the cost is now $300. If you would like to attend this all- inclusive trip, please see a member of the Women’s Ministry immediately after morning worship down stairs for more information.
- Pleasant as we prepare for our 2017 Daughters of Faith Women's Conference we will be showcasing some of our very own entrepreneurs and service providers. If you are interested in purchasing a table for this event please register downstairs after service.
The cost is $50 for a full table and $25 for a half table. You don't want to miss out on the opportunity not only to present your product, but to network meeting other business partners and owners.
Thanks, the Women's Ministry
- For over 100 years, The Mount Pleasant Baptist Church has served as a pillar of refuge, restoration, healing and a source of strength for its members and the South Atlanta Community. Its history reflects the visions, the missions, and the spirit of those who have labored in the Master’s vineyard since its inception. This is why we must Fight for the Family. Now let’s hear from a member
- You can assist by obtaining a pledge card today and make your pledge of $250, $500, $1000 or more through our Givelify app, Online PayPal or the yellow envelope. Please see an usher, fill out your pledge card and place it in an offertory basket.
All pledges are due Sunday, November 26th please contact the church office for additional information.
- Please keep, Pastor Greg Hunter, Dea. Sam Muldrew & Family, Bro. Sterling Johnson & Family and Sis. Carrie Dawkins & Family in your prayers.
At the Mount, We are Rooted in God’s will, Relevant in God’s word, and Real in God’s worship