ANNOUNCEMENTS For October 22nd
- Pleasant church family, October is Pastor Appreciation Month. We want to show our pastor how much we love and appreciate him for ministering to our congregation. To show your gratitude and love to him, members and friends are invited to give him a card, hug, donation or any other way you deem appropriate to show him that you care. Let’s show Pastor Weathersby how much we appreciate him and thank him for being a wonderful example of God’s love. Pastor’s Support Team.
- Pleasant if you don’t vote you lose your right to complain. Please go to the polls and exercise your right on Tuesday, November 7th.
- For the month of November our Communion will be held on the first Sunday, November 5th.
- “She is clothed in Strength and Dignity and Survives Without Fear for the Future”. Proverbs 31:25. We would like to acknowledge our survivors: Sarah J Nelson, Ida Meadows, Marilyn Henry, Emmalene Vaughn, Betty Walker, and Trice Atwater. We are asking all our survivors to meet the Greeters ministry downstairs after service to receive your certificate and gift.
- For over 109 years, The Mount Pleasant Baptist Church has served as a pillar of refuge, restoration, healing and a source of strength for its members and the South Atlanta Community. Its history reflects the visions, the missions, and the spirit of those who have labored in the Master’s vineyard since its inception. This is why we must Fight for the Family. Now let’s hear from some of our members.
- Our members and friends can assist by obtaining a pledge card today and making your pledge of $250, $500, $1000 or more through our Givelify app, Online PayPal or the yellow envelope. Please see an usher, fill out your pledge card and place it in an offertory basket.
All pledges are due Sunday, November 26th please contact the church office for additional information.
- Pleasant our Daughters of Faith conference is approaching and there is still room available to showcase some of our very own entrepreneurs and service providers. If you are interested in purchasing a half table for $25 and a full table for $50 for this event, today is the last day to register downstairs after service.
- Although our “2017 Daughters of Faith Women's Conference" is free, we still need to know the attendance for the conference. If you plan to attend please sign up today downstairs after service.
- The Women conference choir rehearsals will be held on Monday October 23, Monday October 30, Monday November 6 and Thursday November 9th 7:30pm each night. The choir will be backing Duranice Pace on Saturday and singing on Sunday at the 10am service. Please mark your calendar and come out and support the choir.
- To the parents, grandparents and guardians of our children, teens and young adults. As we gear up for our final Youth and Young Adults Day program of the year we need all of our children at Children's Church and Teen Church. We will be blessed with a special musical, food and joyful singing from our young people on Sunday, December 17th at 10a.m. Our rehearsal dates are Sunday November 26th, December 3rd, and December 10th during Teen Church hour and Thursday December 14th at 6:30pm.
- Pleasant on last Sunday we had one individual to join by way Christian Experience.
At the Mount, We are Rooted in God’s will, Relevant in God’s word, and Real in God’s worship